The new Dashboard update is awful

Home Forums Platforms Microsoft The new Dashboard update is awful

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ramon Aranda 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alexisplaying
    Participant

Ad Space takes up at least 90% of it. Now my Play Now/Quickplay icons are ridiculously small and I have a giant ad for “The Hangover 2” in the games section. I hate that series, so the dash is just annoying. The bing search is pretty useless and everything is more complicated, it takes so many more button clicks to get anywhere.

Netflix, man did that get ruined or what? You can’t change the display settings, chapter skip, PARTY WATCH (which was the selling point for Netflix on 360 in the first place), select the episode of a TV show that you want to watch and it even rewinds/fast forwards slower and the picture quality looks worse somehow. Man, did that get butchered or what? I have no idea what MS/Netflix were thinking here. No way I’m renewing my subscription anymore with the app in this state.

Also, the update has been causing my 360 to have Disc Read Errors more often and it crashes everytime I go to my quick launch. Everything is just so laggy.

So far, this gets a big thumbs down from me. I didn’t think an interface could get any worse than the NXE but I was wrong. Here’s to hoping apps like SyFy, HBO, FiOS and Youtube help out a bit but I’m doubtful.

Anyone have any positive thoughts on this update?

Blake_Morse
    Participant

Dude, sheep fly over your friends list avatars when they’re sleeping/offline!!! It’s friggin’ epic!!!! Also, I think the Netflix stuff is a toss up. I never used part chat on it, so I don’t really care about that, but I still think it needs a “play all” option for the TV series stuff. Overall though, the dashboard is a great big meh.

alexisplaying
    Participant

Netflix stuff is far from a tossup. You can’t even change the display options. Before you could stretch video to fit, show it in native, zoom it etcetc. That’s all gone. Also, Party Chat was a big thing with myself and at least 10-12 friends of mine, with it gone we are all really considering just cancelling. I’ve never seen so many features taken out of a single update.

I also noticed it takes 17 button presses to get to Indie Games now, that’s ridiculous. I love some indie games and am always trying/buying them. I have to go through a maze of menus to see them now, it’s insane. I really think whoever designed this should be fired right away and everyone who downloaded it should be given a free year or live or something. I honestly think it’s THAT bad. I’ve turned on my 360 twice since the update because of how unstable it is now as a result of the update.

Barnaby Jones
    Participant

I absolutely hate the way Netflix starts episodes before you can even pick which one you want to watch. I’m always revisiting shows with people who haven’t seen them and Netflix will jump into a random episode it thinks I haven’t watched before I can pick the right one, and BAM – spoiler that ruins everything.

And yeah, the dashboard as a whole is just annoying. It’s a decent idea, with the tabs. But they just took a decent idea and used it as a reason to put up even more advertisements.

Ramon Aranda
    Participant

I liked the older one too…the new dashboard seems too much like a website and isn’t at all intuitive.

Sean Garmer
    Participant

I think they tried too hard to make it like the Windows Phone that they forgot people want easy access to things. The only time the new Dashboard bothers me is when I’m searching for downloadable stuff and trying to access music and what not is very annoying as well. I like how the new apps coming out in early 2012 went away. I guess they figured this stuff wasn’t going to transition as easily to the 360 as they thought. They also stripped Daily Motion of a lot and half the time it crashes. I don’t mind the new dashboard so much, they just made things more difficult to find and use.

Ramon Aranda
    Participant

Co-sign what Sean said.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.