Game Review Requests (Sep – Oct)

Home Forums Contributors Corner Game Review Requests (Sep – Oct)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ramon Aranda
    Participant

No word on BF4 yet, but we’ll probably get a PC code.

Adam, I’ll try to get Beyond for ya.

We also have a review code for VALHALLA KNIGHTS 3 (PSN).

Sean Garmer
    Participant

Any word on NBA 2K14?

Ryan Bates
    Participant

Do we have any pull with Telltale Games? I’d like to check out “The Wolf Among Us” Episode 1.

Sean Garmer
    Participant

It seems kinda rude to ask for a code for a game that costs 5 bucks. TellTale is putting a lot of work into a series and giving it to us for pretty cheap.

I played through however long it is to get to the first two achievements and If you like the concept of the series and liked Walking Dead’s format you will like this.

The fighting is actually a lot better and more inclusive than the slower pace and passive nature of WD. I enjoyed what I played.

Ryan Bates
    Participant

One could say the same thing about 2K and their team, couldn’t they, Sean? Thank you for your input though.

Sean Garmer
    Participant

You must live in a different world than the rest of us?

$60 for a game that changes little every year is a lot more expensive than a game that had to start from scratch and when completed will still cost gamers less than half the price ($25) of the 2K game.

Also, the episodes come out at different times during the year so unless you buy the season pass upfront you aren’t making a big payment like you are for a new retail game.

Maybe TellTale is fine now thanks to the success of the Walking Dead game, but every purchase counts towards helping future episodic series they make. 2K will continue to make NBA games for the foreseeable future regardless because it’s not like people will just all the sudden stop watching Basketball.

Adam Larck
    Participant

Often what they do with those codes, Sean, is they’ll give a season pass so that all titles will be reviewable in the future. It helps them get the publicity out on the title and get more buys. A $5-$20 code is easily worth giving out if hundreds of people see it and it sways more people into buying it. TellTale in particular learned that after lackluster performances by Jurassic Park and Back to the Future, which is why they’ve pushed for more press publicity and reviews with The Walking Dead and now The Wolf Among Us.

Sean Garmer
    Participant

I wasn’t trying to start an argument and I get the point of the codes. That’s a good idea because the more good reviews they can get for the games the more press gets out there about them.

I guess I took Ryan’s phrasing of “I wanna check it out” too literally because I felt TellTale should be rewarded for the great work they put out, and I wondered if it’s just for “checking it out” reasons then why not pay the $5 and see.

Once again, didn’t mean it to be some big deal. And no harm mean’t to you either Ryan and I apologize if worded my original response in an inflammatory manner.

Ryan Bates
    Participant

Apology accepted. I don’t request anything I don’t intend to review. That’s just grabbing for freebies. If I get review copies of anything, it’s definitely with the intent of publishing a piece or two.

JP Curzi
    Participant

Democracy 3!

killatia
    Participant

I changed my mind about battlefield 4. I’ve spend the last week trying to installed the open beta and yet it keeps refusing to do so, and something tells me it will be a bigger problem with the retail version. I would however would like a review copy of Sonic Lost Worlds.

Max $terling
    Participant

I can do Battlefield. My PC was able to run the beta pretty smooth and since I played the beta I can pretty much get a review out in 24 hours of the game’s release.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.