E3 2012

Home Forums Contributors Corner E3 2012

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Bates
    Participant

OK, I’ve tallied up the winners of E3, and I’m posting them on episodic articles, but let me throw this out here:

What kinda shit was y’all smokin’ to say that “Rayman Legends” was more worthy of Best Platformer than the series that practically invented platforming, “New Super Mario Bros U,” cuz I’m going to need some quotables for that one. Can’t get through that one without gagging in my mouth a little.

Adam Larck
    Participant

Don’t knock it till you try it. After playing both of them, Ubisoft actually showed that, not only do they have a platformer that can equal Mario, but they’ve utilized the WiiU pad even better than Nintendo to make it better.

Sean Garmer
    Participant

Personally, for me, New Super Mario Bros Wii U didn´t look any different and the use of the Wii U tablet thing just felt like “ok so I get to help other people get through the level, if I´m not playing by myself.” Rayman Legends showed off a whole demo for everybody to see how the tablet can be used in various ways. Essentially they were doing the same thing with the Wii U Mario was, but having you play as Murphy, who was actually visible on screen immerses you more in the experience. Plus I really enjoyed Rayman Origins and this looked a step above it. I don´t know if you were joking or not about “How could you you guys not pick Mario, since he invented platforming?” But just cause Mario invented it (and I love Mario, it was the first game I ever played as a kid at age 4) does not mean it always gets the crown. If it made you really gag that much, maybe you should go wash that mouth out with soap, it has too much Nintendo poison chemicals in it. I´m just kidding, but Nintendo does like to brainwash people.

Ryan Bates
    Participant

I played both. Maybe I’m a loyalist. Both were fun. Both were innovative. But Mario came out on top. And you don’t have to do the block thing, there’s still Luigi and Yellow/Blue Toad. Now that’s for NSMBU. If you put Rayman Legends up against NSMB2 for the 3DS… okay, I can see that, because (from an analysis perspective) I don’t know if fans will really latch on to this Coin Rush idea.

I dunno, am I alone on this one? I’ll say, this race was pretty close though.

I would like to get some quotables for this one, if anyone wants to kick down. I plan on using them to enhance comedic effect. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.