Gamescom 2021 | Tails of Iron Continues To Impress Ahead Of Release
Only three weeks ahead of its release, the upcoming souls-like Tails of Iron continues to look amazing. With a sprinkle of Dark Souls, a dash of Salt and Sanctuary, and an aesthetic reminiscent of Darkest Dungeon, Tails of Iron has serious potential. And after being given the spotlight on the PlayStation twitter account, it appears the game will deliver on the goods. For the newest gameplay trailer, check it out below!
Developed by the relatively small team Odd Bug Studio out of Manchester, UK, Tails of Iron takes place within a beautifully hand-drawn world. The story centers around Redgi, the heir to the Rat Throne, who must defend his Kingdom from the Frog Clan that have successfully invaded. Redgi will have assistance by assembling warriors to fight alongside him, but ultimately the Kingdom’s fate is in his paws.
Tails of Iron will implement the following features, including a legendary narrator:
– Brutal combat, inspired by the souls-like genre, featuring dodge-rolls, parry bashes and fatal executions.
– A vast and treacherous Kingdom comprised of six distinct biomes, each with its own hidden paths and secrets.
– Customizable attack styles with a vast array of distinct weapons and armor.
– A compelling story narrated by the deep, raspy vocals of legendary Doug Cockle (Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher games).
– Hidden blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons.
– A range of side quests offering players additional gold on-the-side.
– Savage boss fights against the Frog Clain’s deadly, oversized generals.
– A gorgeous and lovingly crafted 2D hand-drawn art style.
Tails of Iron will release on September 17th, 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and Switch. As a bonus, those who purchase the physical version will receive the Crimson Knight DLC pack. The DLC pack will include three armor, helmet, weapon, and shield skins. Stay tuned to GotGame for the latest on Tails of Iron and other gaming news.