Tuesday night, the eighth New York Videogame Awards were held, hosted by Trevor Noah. The ceremony secured even more big wins for two of last years biggest titles, God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. The amazing Tetris Effect also did very well. Here’s the full list of winners:
- Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year: God of War.
- Andrew Yoon Legend Award: Jade Raymond, Assassin’s Creed franchise co-creator and founder of EA Motive and Ubisoft Toronto studios.
- Statue of Liberty Award for Best World: Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Herman Melville Award for Best Writing: Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Coney Island Dreamland Award for Best Virtual Reality Game: Tetris Effect.
- Tin Pan Alley Award for Best Music in a Game: Tetris Effect.
- Raging Bull Award for Best Fighting Game: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Central Park Children’s Zoo Award for Best Kids Game: Nintendo Labo Variety Pack.
- A-Train Award for Best Mobile Game: Florence.
- Off Broadway Award for Best Indie Game: Dead Cells.
- Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake: Shadow of the Colossus.
- Great White Way Award for Best Acting in a Game: Christopher Judge as Kratos in God of War.
- Knickerbocker Award for Best Games Journalism: Cecilia D’Anastasio for her story in Kotaku: Inside The Culture Of Sexism At Riot Games.
- Captain Award for Best Rookie Esports Game: Knicks Gaming.
Congratulations to all the winners! You can catch the stream of the ceremony here. Do you agree with the choices? Let us know in the comments!