Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday has arrived
Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios were pleased to announce that Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday has arrived on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This third official expansion for the fully free-to-play MMORPG sends players back in time to create a new captain from Star Trek: The Original Series. There are new task force missions, classic era-appropriate Starships, and episodic story content inspired by the original television series for Captains to enjoy. Check out the launch trailer below:
Within Agents of Yesterday, all of Star Trek’s timelines and universes collide as enemies threaten to destroy the past. This calls for the recruitment of the bravest to become Temporal Agents and protect the Federation. After players create a new captain, they can command one of several 23rd Century Starships and explore nostalgic locations taken directly from the television show.
This expansion also features an exciting cast voiced by beloved Star Trek actors. These include Chekov (Walter Koenig), Scotty (Chris Doohan, son of James Doohan), Temporal Agent Daniels (Matt Winston), Admiral Leeta (Chase Masterson) and Cyborg Crewman 0718 (Joseph Gatt).
Here’s a full list of the new content, as presented on the official press release:
- New Sub-Faction – Players can access the new tutorial section to begin their new adventure as a captain from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- New Missions – Captains can earn rewards by participating in over a dozen Star Trek: The Original Series-themed missions.
- New Starships – Agents of Yesterday includes over a dozen new starships from every era, from the famous 23rd Century Constitution-class Cruiser to the 31st Century Chronos-class Temporal Dreadnought.
- New Specialization Tree – After becoming a Temporal Agent, players can manipulate the timeline to ensure it’s protected against those trying to destroy the past.
- New Special Task Force Missions – This feature allows captains to team up with other members of the community to take on all-new challenges in space and on ground.
- An All-Trek Cast – The expansion features Chekov, Daniels, and other characters straight from the TV shows and films, voiced by the original actors.
- New Universe to Explore – Agents of Yesterday features content, actors and themes from the Kelvin Timeline, the universe which the 2009 and 2013 Star Trek films are based on.
- A K-13 Fleet Holding – After being lost to a temporal anomaly, Starbase K-13 returns as part of the new Star Trek: The Original Series-themed Fleet Holding.
- New Weapons and Bridge Officers – The expansion introduces new Star Trek: The Original Series-themed weapons, as well as TOS Federation and Klingon bridge officers who were preserved in cryostasis since the station was first presumed lost.
- 7th Anniversary Celebration– Players can participate in special anniversary events like the Omega Molecule Stabilization Mini-Game to earn rewards, including a Tier 6 Krenim Science Vessel. Captains can also log into the game each day now through February 20 to claim daily rewards.
Will you be joining the battle?