Legrand Legacy’s rebooted Kickstarter campaign achieves 70% of target in a single week
SEMISOFT was excited to announce that a mere one week after rebooting the Kickstarter campaign for their RPG, Legrand Legacy, they have successfully obtained 70% of their target.
Henry William Winata, lead game developer at SEMISOFT, stated, “During the holidays we were approached by a group who saw the potential in Legrand Legacy and it’s thanks for them that we have secured a deal to cover part of the development costs – as long as we can secure the rest with a new Kickstarter campaign! As such, the goal for our new campaign’s been lowered to £40,000. We’re just one week into the new campaign and we’ve already raised an incredible 70% of our goal! We look forward to share more updates with you about the game and its rich world over the coming weeks and please try our updated Prologue Chapter that we tweaked according to feedback from backers!”
For those unaware, here’s a quick rundown of the game and its features, as presented on the official press release:
Legrand Legacy is a tactical turn-based JRPG that takes you on a journey through a chaotic world that’s torn apart by civil war and threatened by an otherworldly invasion. You play as Finn, the reluctant leader of a band of unlikely heroes, who soon discovers that the true peril to their universe lies within themselves. The game combines beautiful hand drawn backgrounds with highly detailed character models and environmental effects, to deeply immerse players in the world of Legrand.
- A fully immersive experience with detailed universe designs, live 2D, and a rich storyline.
- 2.5D visuals – 3D models and original assets with stylized hand-drawn 2D backgrounds.
- Stunning in-game 3D cinematics.
- Turn-based combat with Quick Time Event (aka ACT – Action Circle Tempo) that will test strategy and keep players on their toes.
- Put a war general hat on and deploy troops to wars.
- Recruit Non Player Characters (NPCs) to revamp your Headquarters.
- Take on rewarding side quests to find the ultimate loot for your characters.
- Customize items and grimoire that characters can wield, set combat formation, or review the journal to track quests.
- Collect loot from slain enemies and craft items or sell them for quick cash.
- Expected playtime is more than 30 hours.