“Black Friday: Blood Money” is a sandbox open world RPG, where you play as Steven Lamb. Steven’s life hasn’t been going too great lately, especially since his wife has asked for a separation and took his beloved 6 year old daughter, Emilie, with her. When Steven discovers she’s seeing another man, he feels desperate to show her how much she still means to him, and to win back to love of his daughter. Steven decides to brave the Highlands Mall on Black Friday to get his wife and daughter gifts they would love him for, and outshine her new boyfriend, Brian. However, upon arrival, he easily finds something for his wife, but when he sees Brian taking the last doll his daughter wanted, he makes it his goal to chase Brian down through the malls, through the crowds, get the doll and save his marriage.
- An open world mall which you can explore entirely as you use the help of befriended video game employee Tim to get through your goals, find guidance in the groups living within the malls such as the mall walkers who can give you directions, the food court who can keep you hydrated and fed and the clothing stores where you can buy upgrades.
- Chaos Reigns; not everyone in the mall will be your friend or even be civil. Some people you will have to take severe action against, as they try and fight you for items. Grab anything you can as a weapon and be prepared to defend yourself from this holiday season madness
- Boss Fights! Sometimes Brian will be the least of your troubles, as you’ll find yourself facing off against a drunk, ex-mall Santa with a gun, a country club mom named Amber who will do anything to take your wife’s jewelry present from you and a horde of children who also want the toy that Brian has.
- No Co-op or Multiplayer
- HOW WAS YOUR DAY? Picked up your daughter from school and took her to her mothers
- THE NEW HOTNESS: Met Brian
- ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS: Formulate a plan to get your family back together
- A LITTLE HOLIDAY SOBBING: Make your way into the mall for the first time
- YOU ARE HERE: Get some guidance from the mall walkers
- BABY, IT’S COLD OUTSIDE: Bought first outfit upgrade
- FELLOW MAN: Saved Tim from Tiffany and her son in the video game store
- SLAY RIDE: Encounter drunk, ex-mall santa for the first time
- RELISH THE THOUGHT: Got first health upgrade from hot dog stand
- FAMILY JEWELS: Find and get the necklace for your wife
- THANK YOU, COME AGAIN: Escape from Tiffany in the jewelry store
- GINGERDEAD HOUSE: Find the food court, and the carnage within
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Get second health upgrade form hot dog stand
- HOLIDAY FEAST: Fixed the food court situation and gained their trust
- CHECKING IT TWICE: Encounter and survive the drunk ex-mall santa again
- DO YOU HAVE THIS IN SIZE 7?: Bought second outfit upgrade
- WALKING IN A WINTER HORRORLAND: Open every section of the mall
- DETOUR: Help Tim retrieve his own gifts
- WE WISH YOU WEREN’T LIVING WITH US: Defeat Tiffany and her son
- LAST MEAL: Get third and final health upgrade from hot dog stand
- JINGLE HELLS: Confront Brian and escape from the child horde in the toy store
- SWEET RIDE: Defeat the mall cop and take his scooter
- DOES THIS MAKE ME LOOK FAT?: Bought third and final outfit upgrade
- THE OLD HOTNESS: Join forces with Brian to escape from the mall
- I’M STUFFED: Obtained every health upgrade
- NEW THREADS: Obtained every outfit upgrade
- AND ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE: Have final showdown with Brian
- WRECK THE MALLS: Defeat drunk ex-mall santa
- OH HOLY FRIGHT: Escape the mall for a final time
- THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING: Return to your family and make amends
Featuring spot on voice acting, a well written plot and beautifully rendered cutscenes, “Black Friday: Blood Money” is the game of the holiday season, so grab a weapon, make an alliance and beat the crowd…literally! This game has been rated ‘M’ for language, violence and other adult thematic materials. This title is available on the PS4 and the Xbox One.
Now that the joke is over, wouldn’t this an awesome game? I really wish someone would make this, hell, I wish I had the ability to make this because I’d play the shit out of it. Merry Christmas folks.
EDIT: While searching for images to go with this post, I stumbled upon the fact that Dead Rising 4 takes place at a mall during Christmas. God dammit. I mean, mine doesn’t feature zombies, but still. God. Dammit.
Maggie is a 27 year old writer/artist. She currently lives with her girlfriend and their dog. Together they fight crime, develop 3rd world countries and sometimes do laundry. She is a writer because she has no other skills or applicable talents usable for monetary gain.