Dawn of Andromeda arrives on Early Access in December
Iceberg Interactive was excited to announce that GreyWolf Entertainment’s upcoming title, Dawn of Andromeda, will arrive on Steam Early Access on December 1, 2016.
This title, for those unaware, is a space real-time strategy game that enjoyed an extremely successful closed beta program earlier in the year, garnering tremendous feedback and suggestions from a dedicated group of testers. It has since taken great strides forward, and the developer is ready to put an advanced beta into Early Access for more players to check out. They currently expect the title to remain in Early Access for about three months, releasing in March 2017.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder stated, “Despite the avalanche of releases occurring in Q4, we feel that Dawn of Andromeda stands out from the crowd and is polished enough to take the leap during this busy window. It has been quite a while since a solid and engaging 4X space RTS title has emerged between the many turn-based competitors and we expect many real-time 4X strategy fans to jump on board and grab their chance to make an impact.”
Here are the key features of the title, as presented on the official press release:
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game, featuring real-time combat in a dynamic and ever-evolving galaxy
- New factions and characters can join the fray mid-game; artifacts, ruins, anomalies and a huge variety of fascinating elements are scattered throughout the galaxy and can yield new research opportunities. Various characters such as outlaws, merchants and others roam the galaxy
- Asymmetric gameplay. Not all races discover space travel at the same time, some may have yet to discover it, some may have already built a mighty empire, and some races may be naturally stronger than others. However, if you’d prefer a traditional 4X experience and start an entirely symmetric game, it’s up to you
- Pre-designed, customizable and randomly generated races, each with their unique backgrounds and traits
- Accessible gameplay, featuring a highly-intuitive User Interface
- Eras; unique scenarios, each with a pre-designed galaxy and background stories which you can play as one of the existing factions, each with their own victory conditions, traits, challenges and ongoing conflicts and relationships
- Choose between researching pre-fabricated or randomly generated ship designs, or alternatively research and discover ship parts, allowing you to create your own unique shop designs from them
- In-depth diplomacy system. Create or join coalitions, make allies and enemies, but beware, each action you take can change how the rest of the galaxy will view you. Destroying an entire planet, or just praising or denouncing another race, can have a deep impact on the balance of the entire galaxy
- Reduce micro-management by appointing governors to your colonies and council members to your empire, all of whom can be leveled up. Each come with their own unique traits, happiness and experiences
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions, which can never be set to vary for each faction, making for unpredictable friends and foes