Memory’s Dogma CODE:01 releases on November 4
Sekai Project and Liz-Arts were excited to announce that their exhilarating sci-fi suspense visual novel, Memory’s Dogma CODE:01, will be arriving via Steam on November 4, 2016. It will be priced at $14.99 and feature a special 10% launch discount.
For those who haven’t been following the title. it takes place in 2030. Japan has made advancements in information science and neuroscience, allowing them to now save and record memories, known as “e-Memories”. Due to the rapid increase in the number of crimes using the e-Memory technology, however, the government has introduced strict regulations on human memory data, and now holds a monopoly on all human memory data.
The recording of still-living humans has been completely forbidden, with the e-Memory technology only to be used on the deceased. This has given rise to the establishment of state-owned and operated facilities known as Connect Centers which allow people to call and communicate with the dead. These Connect Centers allow those in a period of bereavement to cope with their loss by speaking with their recently deceased loved ones.
The title’s protagonist is one Kusuhara Hiroki, a college student struggling with suicidal impulses after his close childhood friend, Mizunashi Sorano, suddenly passed away. Her memories were only meant to last until August 26, which was a mere four days away, however Kusuhara has decided to team up with his friend, Amamiya Kakero, in an attempt to steal the memories of Mizunashi Sorano from the server in which they are stored.
Here are the key features, as presented on the official press release:
- Multiple Decision Points – Avoid the “bad endings” to reach the truth.
- Fully Voiced Japanese Cast – Characters (including the protagonist) are brought to life by a star-studded cast of veteran Japanese voice actors from the anime industry.
- Full HD Visuals – Enjoy the game’s stunning visuals in Full HD format.
- Multiple Languages – Play through the game in either English or Japanese.
- Dynamic Cutscenes – Watch as important events unfold with wonderfully dynamic motion-graphic cutscenes