CORSAIR has recently unleashed the new CORSAIR Carbide Air 740, which is an evolution of the best-selling CORSAIR Carbide Air 540 that features dual-chamber Direct Airflow Path design, exceptional cooling, a unique and bold design, and tinted, fully removable side windowed panel.
The CORSAIR Carbide Air 740 takes advantage of the dual-chamber design of its predecessor, fully utilizing the space within the case and splitting the system’s hardware between two compartments. The main chamber houses the core heat generating components (motherboard, CPU, graphics cards, and memory), with the rear chamber mounting 3.5in/2.5in drive bays and the PSU. The arrangement helps maximize the airflow from three pre-installed CORSAIR AF140L 140mm fans, with drive cages and cables neatly tucked away so that they don’t interfere with the airflow.
It also takes the original Air 540’s dual-chamber concept further by removing the 5.25in drive bays and thus allowing for an array of system cooling options and up to eight 120mm cooling fans. The Air 740 can simultaneously mount a 240mm/280mm liquid cooling radiator in the roof, one in the floor, and a 240mm/280mm/360mm radiator in the front. Combine this with the hinged and fully removable side panel and you can show off your setup to your friends.
“Part of the joy of owning a custom-built PC is building it yourself,” they stated, “and with a host of installation-friendly features, the Air 740’s guarantees an easy setup experience for all users. The three 3.5” or four 2.5” tool-less drive trays in the rear chamber allows simple storage swapping, removable dust filters makes maintenance a breeze and the fully removable windowed side panel allows for fast installations, easy upgrades and convenient hardware accessibility.”
Here are the official specifications for the Air 740:
- Dual-chamber Direct Airflow Path™ design: Utilizes dual-chambers to deliver cooler air to your CPU, graphics cards, motherboard, memory, and other PCI-E components without your drives or power supply getting in the way.
- Industrial-style ergonomics and space-saving internal design: Offers massive internal volume by moving the power supply and drive bays into a separate chamber.
- Includes three custom Air Series AF140L intake and exhaust fans: Based on the award-winning AF140, the included fans provide great airflow performance at lower noise levels than typical case fans.
- Amazing cooling expansion room: For up to eight 120mm or seven 140mm fans, a 240mm/280mm top radiator, 240mm/280mm floor radiator, and 240/280/360mm front radiator – all at once.
- 8 x Expansion slots: Can house up to 4 graphics cards.
- I/O Port: 2 x USB 3.0, headphone and mic.
- Dimensions: 426mm x 340mm x 510mm
- MSRP: $149.99 Exc. TAX, £134.99 Inc. VAT, SEK 1,659 Inc. TAX