Squad was excited to announce that they will be bringing their surprise indie hit, Kerbal Space Program (KSP), to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
This title is a physics-based space flight simulator, and has been recognized both for its realism and its attention to detail while still managing to keep the gameplay fun and rewarding. KSP received top-notch awards, captivating the minds of space travel fans and gaming publications.
Ezequiel Ayarza, CEO of Squad, stated, “Following the huge success Kerbal Space Program has had on PC with players and critics alike, we want to give console players the opportunity to play Kerbal Space Program in this redefined user experience. It has been a long road but finally we are confident of the quality of the game on consoles. An awesome control experience awaits you, as well as easier access to the wonderful world of space exploration, where even exploding is a lot of fun. We invite everyone to enjoy the excitement of flying rockets built by yourself, landing on planets and much more!”
Here’s a description of the game and the key features, as presented on the official press release:
KSP puts you in charge of the recently launched space program for a fun & clever alien race – the Kerbals. These little guys are counting on you to build spaceships, rockets and vehicles that can take them on fun space travel missions, without hurting them in the process… You’ll have a collection of parts & tools to accomplish this, each one with unique functions that will affect your ship and its chances of taking off or crashing spectacularly.
The game offers three gameplay modes: Sandbox, where you’re free to build anything your imagination can come up with; Science Mode lets you perform scientific experiments and advance the knowledge of the Kerbals to unlock new technologies; and Career Mode, where you control every aspect of the space program, including crew management, reputation building, as well as embarking on side missions called “contracts” to earn funds and upgrade your space center facilities (or repair them).
Moving on to deep space, KSP lets you capture asteroids (in-game mission designed in collaboration with NASA), launch mining programs to find resources across the furthest reaches of the solar system and build space stations in all the planets you discover. It all adds up to this award-winning game that has taken the space sim genre by storm.
- Friendly user experience!Don’t feel intimidated, it is easier than it looks. And besides, it feels so good when you make an achievement you won’t want to stop.
- Anything is possible!The Vehicle Assembly Building and the Space Plane Hangar allows players to build multi-stage spacecraft out of any imaginable combination of parts.
- Awesome realistic simulation!Fully-fledged, physics-based, space flight simulation ensures everything will fly (and crash) as it should.
- Limitless exploration!Procedural terrain delivers detailed terrain at a vast scale that you can explore with your Kerbal crew. The Kerbal Planet alone is 600km in radius! Fly to distant moons and other planets.
- Control freak!Full control over your ship’s advanced functions and systems allows for massively complex starships, space stations and surface bases on other worlds.
- Play as the captain!Manage your crew-members, hire them, and send them out into space and make them into heroes.
- Manage your resources like a boss!Extract valuable resources from all over the solar system to research and develop new technologies to advance your Space Program.
Do you plan to head up the Kerbal Space Program?