Sandbox Interactive unveils upcoming Guild vs. Guild rework for Albion Online
The following new features will be added:
- New Cluster Lay-out – Each cluster will only have one base territory, giving guilds a safe haven to call home.
- Watch Towers – Replacing the current resource territories, Watch Towers will be open territories with a tower and NPC Guards that shoots down hostiles that dare to enter the perimeter.
- Regional Timers – GvG can only take place during a set amount of hours per day, which will be different per region in game. Players per time zone can fight in the region most convenient to them.
- Retaliation Attacks – If a Guild lost their territory but own a neighboring territory, they can launch a Retaliation Attack to try and get back the lost piece of land.
- Counter Attacks – If a defending Guild wins a GvG by a large margin or by default, they can attack their enemies. This encourages serious play and avoids guilds launching fake attacks.A number of features will also be reworked:
- Battle declaration (for Guilds with territory) will be simplified.
- Siege Camps (for Guilds without territory) can only be used once per day to schedule an attack. A Guild can also pacify the Siege Camp, disabling the Camp for the rest of the day.
- Defender Bonus will no longer demotivate losing defenders, giving defending Guilds after losses a higher bonus to help them in future fights.
- Several UI elements will be polished.
Are you eager for the update?