CORSAIR unveils Neutron Series XTi SSDs
CORSAIR was excited to announce the launch of its latest range of solid state drives, known as the Neutron Series XTi. These drives feature quad-core Phison controller and performance MLC NAND, offering transfer speeds of up to 560MB per second, 540MB per second sequential write, 4KB random read of up to 100K IOPS and 4K random write of up to 90K IOPS.
It is currently available in 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB, but CORSAIR has announced that they will soon make it their first 1,920GB SSD, combining the performance of SSD with the capacity of HDD.
It also features an expanded cache, allowing users to capture and edit professional Full HD and 4K uncompressed video in real time, or play PC games at maximum levels of detail.
The Neutron Series XTi is equipped with end-to-end data path protection, helping protect against corruption from the host to the NAND gate. It also features power loss protection with SmartFlush and GuaranteedFlush technologies and a host of error correction technologies.
Here are details on the specifications, pricing, and availability, as presented on the official press release:
- High Performance Quad-Core SSD Controller: Quad-core processor for top tier performance with low command latency and sustained performance.
- Exceptional transfer speeds: The Neutron Series XTieffectively saturates the SATA 6Gbp/s interface, providing sequential read speeds of up to 560Mb/s, sequential write speeds of up to 540Mb/s, 4KB random reads of up to 100K IOPS and 4K random writes of up to 90K IOPS.
- Consistent Performance: Very high sustained transfer rates are enabled by an expanded cache make it possible to capture and edit professional Full HD and 4K uncompressed video in real-time, as well as play PC games with absolute maximum detail levels.
- End-to-End Data Path Protection (ETEP): ETEP protects the entire data path within the SSD controller. From the host to the NAND gate, ensuring data is protected against corruption.
- Low Power Consumption: 95% less power consumption than standard HDDs means better energy efficiency for your desktop machine and longer battery life for your laptop. Also includes support for DEVSLP (device sleep).
- Power Loss Protection: Data is further protected with advanced SmartFlush™ and GuaranteedFlush™ technologies.
- Enhanced Error Correction: SmartECC™ and SmartRefresh™ features improve data retention and error correction.
- Static and Dynamic Wear-Leveling: The lifespan of the drive and its overall reliability are greatly enhanced by wear-leveling.
- Advanced Garbage Collection: Overall performance and NAND endurance are enhanced.
- Compatible with CORSAIR SSD Toolbox: Access a number of crucial software tools for getting the most out of your SSD.
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
Available immediately from CORSAIR’s worldwide network of authorized retailers, the Neutron Series XTi 240GB is priced at a MSRP of $89.99, the Neutron Series XTi 480GB at $159.99 and the Neutron Series XTi 960GB at $329.99. Pricing for the upcoming Neutron Series XTi 1920GB is yet to be confirmed. All four are backed with a five-year warranty and CORSAIR customer service and technical support.
Are you interested in the Neutron Series?