Sekai Project and Winged Cloud were excited to announce that the first-person dungeon crawling role-playing game, Sakura Dungeon, has arrived on Steam and Denpasoft for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has also received a special 10% off the regular price of $19.99 for the first week of launch.
Here’s a quick synopsis and the game’s key features, as presented on the official press release:
In this story players will assume the role of Yomi, an ancient fox spirit who awakens after several hundred years of deep sleep to find that possession of her lovingly made dungeon has been taken from her! As if that wasn’t enough cause for alarm, Yomi has also been robbed of her power, leaving her weak and vulnerable. She soon discovers that it was the heroic knight, Ceri, who dared to wake her from her slumber, and after a brief fight and “negotiation,” Ceri decides to join her on an adventure to reclaim the dungeon!
Together, they will unearth great treasures, reveal secrets and hidden rooms, and recruit monster girls to fight by their side…all while avoiding traps, fighting off dangerous enemies and bosses across multiple floors, and uncovering the devious plans of the new dungeon lord. One of the most important mechanics of Sakura Dungeon is the ‘capture’ mechanic, wherein the player will be able to capture monster girls they encounter and add them to their party.
Sakura Dungeon Key features:
- Lead and control a powerful party of up to 6 characters!
- First-person view with retro dungeon crawling action!
- 3 difficulty settings (Normal, Hard, and Abyssal) with 15-25 hours of gameplay depending on your skill and the difficulty setting!
- 50+ different types of monsters to fight and capture. Gotta’ capture them all!
- Unlockable GC Gallery and Sprite Gallery!
- Over 30 in-game outfits to discover and equip!
- Steam Achievements and Trading Cards!
In addition to dungeon exploring, Sakura Dungeon is also packed with extensive dialogue and plenty of gorgeous backdrops and cutscene artwork for the player to unlock as they carefully navigate their way through the dungeon.