CORSAIR was excited to announce the latest addition to their range of XMP 2.0 certified DDR4 memory kits, known as the CORSAIR Dominator Platinum ROG Edition. This kit has been developed in collaboration with the ASUS Republic of Gamers team, witht he 16GB 4x4GB DDR4 kit fit with the unique Republic of Gamers Red and Black brushed aluminum finish, allowing it to perfectly compliment the ASUS Republic of Gamers line of motherboards.
The product has been clocked at 3,200MHz on Intel 100-series motherboards, and the CORSAIR Dominator Platinum ROG Edition also features a custom overclocked ROG XMP 2.0 memory profile that is only accessible with ASUS Z170 Republic of Gamers motherboards. This pushes the kit to 3,333MHz.
“As the pinnacle of the CORSAIR range of high performance memory,” CORSAIR stated on the official press release, “Dominator Platinum is the choice of PC enthusiasts who demand the world’s most advanced memory. Striking industrial design, machined aluminium heatsinks and integrated LED lighting make Dominator Platinum unmistakable, while patented DHX cooling directly cools the PCB for superior thermal performance, allowing the rigorously screened memory to perform at its absolute best.”
Kris Huang, Senior Director for ASUS ROG, commented on the partnership, stating, “We’re delighted to be working with CORSAIR on the Dominator Platinum ROG Edition, combining years of ASUS motherboard expertise with the CORSAIR passion for truly high performance memory. The result gives ASUS ROG motherboard users an instant performance increase when using CORSAIR ROG Edition DDR4, making memory overclocking easier than ever.”
Chun Ye, Product Manager for Memory at CORSAIR also welcomes this collaboration between two of the world’s biggest PC enthusiast brands, stating, “Working closely with the ASUS ROG team has allowed CORSAIR to push the performance levels of the Dominator Platinum ROG Edition even higher. Now, ASUS ROG Motherboard users have the option of a premium memory kit that not only matches their motherboard in terms of looks and design, but also performs even faster with just a single BIOS setting, thanks to the custom ROG XMP 2.0 profile.”
Here are the specifications and which models of the ROG line are compatible with the new kit:
- Exclusive Look: Striking red aluminum ROG top bar and Republic of Gamers design exactly matches ASUS ROG motherboards.
- Custom ROG XMP 2.0 Profile: Install CORSAIR Dominator Platinum ROG Edition into a compatible ASUS Republic of Gamers Z170 motherboard and access the custom 3,333MHz XMP 2.0 Profile for ungraded performance.
- Carefully screened ICs: Ensures superior performance and reliability.
- Ten-layer PCB and patterned DHX cooling technology: Provides improved heat dispersion for superior overclocking potential.
- Maximum bandwidth and tight response time: Optimized for the latest Intel® 100 series motherboards.
- Supports XMP 2.0: Automatically selects the maximum reliable overclocking settings for the best possible performance and stability.
Availability, Pricing and Warranty
Availability: Available as a 4 DIMM, 16GB memory kit, the CORSAIR Dominator Platinum ROG Edition is available immediately from the world-wide network of CORSAIR retailers and distributors, as well as directly from CORSAIR.
Product SKU: CMD16GX4M4B3200C16-ROG
Pricing: MSRP $189.99 Exc. Tax
Warranty: As with all CORSAIR memory, CORSAIR Dominator Platinum ROG Edition is backed by a lifetime warranty.
*Compatible ASUS Republic of Gamers Z170 Motherboards for ROG XMP 2.0 Profile
• ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA
• MAXIMUS VIII HERO
• ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME/ASSEMBLY
• ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
• MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT
• MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME
• MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
• MAXIMUS VIII GENE
What are your thoughts on the new partnership?