Grinding Gear Games was excited to announce that the latest content update for their online action RPG, Path of Exile, will arrive on June 3, 2016. This update, 2.3.0, will bring Standard and Hardcore versions of the Prophecy Challenge League, as well as new skills, items, and challenges.
“What would you do if you knew what lay at the end of your path? If you could glimpse your future? If you could change it? For a small gift of silver, you can. Together we will change the stars. Together we will rewrite your prophecy.”
– Navali, Hatungo of the Karui
As you explore Wraeclast in the Prophecy leagues, you will encounter a Karui soothsayer known as Navali in each town. If you give her silver, she will offer you a glimpse of the future, divining a Prophecy for you to fulfill. Each of her prophecies will take you to the farthest reaches of the continent as you attempt to achieve your destiny and demonstrate your mastery over Path of Exile.
In celebration of Prophecy’s release, Grinding Gear Games is offering up a Prophecy Support Pack at the price of $60. This pack will include 500 points, the Prophecy Shroud Armor Set, Prophecy Portal Effect, Prophecy Mask Helmet Attachment, and a Prophecy Supporter Forum Title and Social Portrait Frame. This pack is available immediately, so interested players can prepare for the upcoming Prophecy leagues.
Check out a new trailer for the Prophecy leagues below:
Here are more features presented in Update 2.3.0, as presented on the official press release:
Additional Content Update 2.3.0 Features
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile supporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map.
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex.
- Challenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed.
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth.Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds.
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items.
Are you excited for the various improvements and features that Update 2.3.0 will bring?