Terraria heads to Wii U in June
505 Games and Re-Logic were excited to announce that the 2D sandbox action-adventure game, Terraria, will be heading to Wii U on June 24, 2016 in Europe and June 28, 2016 in North America.
This long-awaited edition features intuitive touchscreen controls, allowing players easy access to the world of Terraria, and several multiplayer options, including four-player local split-screen co-op and eight-player online multiplayer. Players will also be able to post achievements on the Miiverse leaderboards.
Dean Scott, Procuer at 505 Games stated, “Terraria on Wii U offers an amazing new experience on the Wii U gamepad. Using the gamepad touch screen controls, the Wii U version allows players the unique ability to dig deep into Terraria’s universe and build complicated structures by simply drawing on the screen.”
Here’s a quick “About” and the key features of the Wii U edition, as presented on the official press release:
Terraria is a side-scrolling action-adventure that focuses on crafting unique items, exploring vast worlds and battling various enemies. It blends a traditional 2D combat system with expansive crafting mechanics and randomly generated pixel worlds.
The Wii U edition of Terraria also features:
- 14 different environments such as eerie dungeons, slippery ice wastes, wild jungles and more;
- Hundreds of craftable weapons, armor and items;
- More than 150 enemies ranging from zombies to armies of goblins;
- Epic boss battles that test players’ combat skills;
- Vast worlds of exploration that introduce new potions, magic, gear and more.
Will you be checking out the Wii U edition of the game when it arrives in your region?