Microids was excited to announce their plans to release Moto Racer 4, the long-awaited return of the hit motorbike racing series on Xbox One, PC, Mac, and PlayStation 4 on October 13, 2016. The title utilizes Unreal Engine 4 to provide stunning quality and a robust set of features for both single and multiplayer racing modes on road and dirt tracks.
Moto Racer 4 brings back the formula that made the original trilogy back. Players will be able to experience high-speed races on powerful road bikes and motocross contests on nimble dirtbikes, resulting in continuous thrills and white-knuckle rides. Players can ignore the rules of fair play, so long as they cross the finish line first.
Paul Cuisset, the original designer of the series, is supervising the development of Moto Racer 4. The upcoming title will feature no fewer than 15 single and multiplayer game modes. Here’s a few examples of what you can expect, as well as the game’s key features, as presented on the official press release:
- KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
- SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- CATCH-UP: Opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player reach first place by a specific time.
- WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
- GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is hit by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
These new game modes complement the previously announced features of Moto Racer 4:
- Alternating high-speed/motocross races
- Traffic on the road
- Split-screen multiplayer mode
- Online multiplayer mode (2-10 players)
- 60 frames per second
- Vehicle and rider customization
- Possibility of colliding with opponents
- Each competitor has a different personality and behavioral traits
- Other details regarding different aspects of the game will be revealed at regular intervals.
What are your thoughts of the title so far, based on the information shared? Will you be picking it up?