Sekai Project and Fastermind Games were excited to announce that the first episode of the science-fiction noir visual novel, Selenon Rising, is now available on Windows, Mac, and Linux via Steam. In celebration of the release, it will feature a 10% discount of the normal $5.99 price for the first week.
Here’s a quick rundown of the story and setting, as well as the game’s key features, as presented on the official press release:
Hundreds of years have passed since Earth lost the war against the Selenon, a terrifying alien race living on the dark side of the Moon. Now, the Bureau of Human Protection presides over the last vestiges of the human race. The Selenon have kept one city intact, but mercilessly enforce a single law – any advanced technology must be collected and destroyed.
Violet is an agent of SPECTRA, and one of the City’s few psychics – humans who were granted the powers of the Selenon. She and her partner, Blue, have been given a new assignment – find the culprit of a murder that could be linked to the New Moon Resistance, a group of freedom fighters who wish to stop the Selenon at any cost. It seems clear-cut, but things are never that easy as their investigation leads deep into a web of secrets that may reveal humanity’s ultimate fate. Violet must uncover these secrets before it is too late.
- An epic story – 4 episodes combine into a novel-length story featuring mystery, love, aliens, conspiracies, and Sci-Fi action all set in the distant retro-future.
- Moral choices change the player’s alignment and guide the story towards a number of possible endings.
- A detailed Dossier featuring unlockable articles on the characters, world, and technology allow players to learn all about the world of Selenon Rising.
- Interactive crime scenes and interrogations – use honed detective skills and psychic abilities to track down key evidence and interrogate potential suspects by reading their emotions.
- Original soundtrack – completely original soundtrack featuring perfectly themed noir-style tunes.
- Steam Achievements and Trading Cards.
- Unlockable extras!
The first episode sets the stage full of mystery, murder, lies, and suspects. You will need to visit and interact with various crime scenes, gathering clues and utilizing your psychic powers to interrogate and read the emotions of your suspects as SPECTRA agent Violet.
You also have a variety of choices to make that can align you as a “Law” abiding agent, “Neutral” agent up for negotiations, or even a lone wolf “Chaos” agent, with your alignment affecting how the story concludes.