Having provided gamers with a taste of inkle’s Steve Jackson’s Sorcery! series back in February with the release of Part 1 and Part 2, they were excited to reveal that the quest will be continuing in April as Sorcery! Part 3: The Seven Serpents arrives. This is the most highly rated part of the series so far.
Here’s a quick “About”, as well as the key features, as presented on the official press release:
About Sorcery! Part 3: The Seven Serpents
Spun off from the popular gamebooks of the 1980s, Steve Jackson’s Sorcery! is a narrative game with a massively branching, choice-driven storyline. With the city of Kharé at your back and the sacred Crown of Kings driving you forward, Sorcery! Part 3: The Seven Serpents provides the toughest challenge yet as you attempt to cross the cruel, cursed wasteland of Kakhabad.
With rations dwindling and seven deadly serpents stalking you through a barren desert, only the most resourceful adventurers will survive. And with no set path to follow and time itself rippling like a flag on the wind, this adventure could lead you around in circles — or a thousand years into the past.
Sorcery! Part 3 includes:
- A massive open world to explore. Plot your own path across two gorgeous 3D maps (present and past), shaping the narrative with every decision you make. Taking 80 Days‘ freedom of exploration one step further, this open-ended adventure throws out the concept of a predefined course, making you the master of a completely non-linear adventure.
- The passage of time. A dynamic day/night cycle and fluid, player-controlled travel between two distinct time periods sets up a layered narrative with even more story to discover. Plus, the freedom to rewind time at will lets you see how alternate choices impact the story.
- True choice-driven storytelling. The longest and most complex Sorcery! game so far includes thousands of branching story paths impacted not only by present choices, but also by the decisions you made in earlier games.
- Cross-platform cloud saves. Pick up where you left off by importing your hero from Parts 1 & 2 into the new chapter, with the game remembering your choices and adapting Part 3’s narrative to reflect past decisions. Even if you started the journey on iOS or Android, you can continue on PC or Mac (or vice versa).
- That special inkle touch. From its masterful writing, whimsical hand-drawn illustrations, and rich soundtrack to its turn-based combat, magic spells, optional dice mini-game, and choice of a male or female hero, Sorcery! Part 3 takes this fantasy series’ most-loved elements to an exciting new level.
Will you be adventuring into Steve Jackson’s Sorcery! Part 3?