Stardock has revealed the release date for their highly anticipated real-time strategy game, Ashes of the Singularity. This massive title is set to release on March 31, 2016, and is currently in Early Access on both Steam and through Stardock, for those who can’t wait to check it out.
Ashes of the Singularity allows you to choose between the descendants of humanity, known as the Post-Human Coalition, or their bitter strong-AI enemy, known as the Substrate, as the two factions struggle for control over Turinium, the galaxy’s most prized resource.
Brad Wardell, CEO and President of Stardock, stated, “With Ashes of the Singularity, we want to present players with a game that lets them feel like they are fighting a planetary war, not just a battle.”
The game includes a non-linear campaign, single player scenarios and skirmishes backed by the first multi-core RTS game AI, ranked multiplayer with a lively community, customer matches with friends vs. AI, or any combination you wish.
Wardell went on to state, “We are not looking to reinvent the RTS. Our goal is to introduce a new generation of gamers to the general awesomeness of real time strategy gaming. That means showing how well non-cheating computer players can perform in single player as well as making it easy to get multiplayer games going.”
Key features of Ashes of the Singularity include:
- Massive numbers of units in the world that can be easily organized into armies that allow players to fight wars across several different fronts simultaneously.
- The world’s first multi-core real-time AI allowing for a non-cheating AI that can beat most players.
- A story-driven, non-linear campaign that tells the story of a United Earth in the 23rd century.
- A focus on single player replayability while including a wealth of multiplayer features.
- The future-proofed Nitrous 3D engine whose 64-bit, multi-core foundation supports DirectX 11, DirectX 12 and multiple GPUs.
If you’ve been participating in the Early Access, what are your thoughts on the title thus far?