Grinding Gear Games was today thrilled to announce that their latest expansion to the award-winning free-to-play action role-playing game, Path of Exile, known as Path of Exile: Ascendancy, will arrive and be available for players to enjoy on March 4, 2016.
This new expansion features a daily changing maze of deadly traps and challenges known as the Lord’s Labyrinth. This area has been designed to test even the most experienced Path of Exile players, but you can rest assured that players will have a few new tricks of their own. This includes 19 new Ascendancy character classes, each featuring its own passive skill tree for you to master.
Here are some more features of the upcoming expansion, as presented on the official press release:
- Trials of Ascendancy
- Six types of lethal traps have been crafted by Izaro into elaborate puzzle rooms – an entirely new gameplay type for Path of Exile.
- The Lord’s Labyrinth
- An entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.
- Emperor Izaro
- You will face Izaro multiple times during the Labyrinth and the fight will evolve depending on your actions in previous encounters.
- Ascendancy Classes
- There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.
- Izaro’s power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic. These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
- New Skills
- Ascendancy introduces a set of devastating new skills and support gems to customize your character with.
- New Items
- Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile’s community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.
Do you have what it takes to take on the powerful Emperor Izaro and his labyrinth?