Rabi-Ribi hops onto Steam
Sekai Project was excited to let CreSpirit’s new 2D side-scrolling platformer, Rabi-Ribi, free on Steam today, complete with a special 10% discount during the first week.
For those unaware, this title follows the “mishop” adventure of a rabbit known as Erina, whose life is turned inside out when she suddenly awakens to discover herself in a new world and transformed into a human girl. That said, she does still have rabbit ears and a fuzzy tail from her bunny form.
Erina checks out the world in search of her master, and soon comes across a pink-haired fairy known as Ribbon, who decides to stick by her side. Now the two will need to work together as they attempt to restore Erina’s life to the normal life of the bunny she knew before.
Erina specializes in close-quarters combat with the fairy, Ribbon, acting as support, providing her with ranged attack reinforcement and attribute buffs. CreSpirit and Sekai Project warn, “Learning how to use the two characters in unison is crucial if players are to survive boss battles where the screen can become blanketed with enemy fire in a matter of seconds!”
As the two become closer, they will each learn new skills and attacks, and can also grow in power by collecting the various items, weapons, and upgrades, with what you acquire being completely up to your ability to discover them. Rabi-Ribi focuses on non-linear gameplay, providing players with hints, but never forcing them to adhere to these hints.
Here are the features of the game, as presented on the official press release:
- Retro 2D exploration platformer featuring an adorable bunny-girl
- Over 8 main areas and over 20 sub-areas to explore in a massive open world environment
- Over 60 items, weapons, and upgrades to be discovered
- Multiple difficulty settings for players of all skill levels (Godspeed to players who attempt anything above Normal)
- Over 40 insanely awesome bullet-hell-esque boss battles in Story Mode
- Over 20 fully-illustrated characters with gorgeous cutscene illustrations by Saiste
- Boss Rush mode featuring over 1000 different attack patterns
- Speedrun mode – removes all section of the game where the player is unable to control the main character
- Wide-ranging soundtrack with over 40 original tracks
- Over 100 Steam Achievements to unlock
- English, Chinese, and Japanese language support
- Even more bunnies!
Are you excited for this new game?