MARVEL Avengers Academy receives first-look at newly re-imagined Avengers
Today Marvel Entertainment and TinyCo unveild a first-look at various newly re-imagined Avengers as they will appear in the upcoming adventure/simulation title, MARVEL Avengers Academy, which is slated to arrive on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android. Here are some of the characters, including Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, that will be present in the game:
- Captain America – The living legend and natural born leader just might be the only mature person at the Academy, so he’s a perfect fit to lead away missions and serve as Class President. But that doesn’t mean he relates to his classmates. The guys respect him, the girls adore him, and Hydra hates him, but he’s still trying to find his place in this crazy world, and even crazier campus.
- The Hulk – He’s the ultimate Big Man on Campus, a gentle giant who just happens to be “the strongest there is.” He does his best to learn and fit in, but this Academy wasn’t made for invulnerable behemoths, so his anxiety and frustrations inevitably turn to anger and that’s not good for anyone.
- Iron Man – Tony Stark is a billionaire. A genius. An inventor. And he’ll be more than happy to tell you about all of his other talents. He’s a charming, self-centered, ladies-man-in-training who wants to save the world, and make sure everyone knows he’s the handsome, ingenious hero who did it. He brings Stark Tower with him to Avengers Academy so that he can work in his high-tech lab, relax in his high-rise hot tub, and remind everyone that he owns a skyscraper with his name on it.
- Thor – He’s the literal golden god of Avengers Academy. An impossibly handsome, ridiculously strong, and unbelievably athletic exchange student who thrives on competition and seeks out confrontation. He’s effortlessly popular even though he never seems to really understand his new Midgardian classmates, and ends up causing trouble just as often as he saves the day.
- Black Widow – She’s on a single-minded mission to uncover the Academy’s secrets, while avoiding her annoying classmates. Unfortunately, she has to trust people and make friends because she’ll need help from her fellow heroes to find what Nick Fury is hiding, and defeat dangerous enemies everywhere from Asgard to right under her feet.
There will be many more characters in MARVEL Avengers Academy when the game launches, each one offering a unique backstory that players can unveil through gameplay. Some more examples of characters you’ll meet include Wasp, Hawkeye, Loki, Ultron, and the Dean of Students, Nick Fury. Check out the official character video below: