Rising Star Games and Kraken Empire were thrilled to unleash the high octane shoot’em up, Kromaia Ω, on PlayStation 4 digitally, with a physical boxed edition arriving on November 13, 2015.
For those who are unaware, Kromaia Ω is a shoot’em up that mixes technology and myth, creating a unique world for you to explore. You will need to battle through various worlds, each protected by giant god-like guardians, and move through ancient temple ruins as you attempt to discover the secrets hidden within. In addition to the numerous foes, you will encounter a wide array of puzzles to solve.
Here’s a quick description of the game and the features, as presented on the official press release:
Providing players with full 360˚ freedom to fly, spin, and shoot, Kromaia gives you a level of control unheard of within the genre. The innovation doesn’t stop there, however, as Kromaia’s unique adaptive AI creates a special kind of emergent gameplay. This adaptive AI changes variables like enemy speed and formations to offer new, uniquely tailored experiences based on how you choose to play. Combine this with a wide range of ultra-maneuverable and customizable piloted ships called Armors, head scratching puzzles and a wide range of ancient alien worlds to explore, the result is a game which changes the shoot’em up genre forever.
Kromaia Ω Features:
- Interact with hundreds of physical objects and fight dozens of on-screen enemies at once
- Highly destructible worlds with their own rules and law of physics
- Adaptive AI – Artificial intelligence based on independent simple brains that cooperate creating emergent behaviors
- Pilot several different Armors, each with unique weapons, attributes, and philosophies including an all-new armor exclusive to Kromaia
- Multiple gameplay modes including “Story,” “Score Attack,” and the all new “Pure Mode”
- Four levels of difficulty to test players of all skill levels
- Online leaderboards to show the rest of the shoot’em up world you mean business
- Two-player local co-op that lets one player pilot while the other takes control of the weapon systems