Perfect World’s upcoming mobile game, Torchlight Mobile, today impressed both judges and attendees during this year’s Game Connection event in Paris, France. Despite the strong competition, Torchlight Mobile managed to snag the title of Best Mobile/Table game.
This award is on top of the multiple awards that it garnered at this year’s E3, as well as the Best Mobile Game award that it won during Gamescom. Game Connection 2015 appeared to be the perfect opportunity for Perfect World to listen to and integrate press and fan feedback into the game, and it appears to have paid off.
Torchlight Mobile previously featured an in-game stamina system that acted as a “Cool down” method before players could accept new quests. Now it allows players to accept quests and enter dungeons without any such restriction as it attempts to create a mobile gaming experience that remains as true to the predecessors as possible.
Some of the similarities that will return to Torchlight Mobile include pets that can both carry loot and fight alongside your characters, as well as the fan favorite fishing system. Check out the features below, courtesy of the official press release:
- An entirely new Torchlight game with a new story and new areas to explorer
- Easily accessible free-flow gameplay with fluid, unobtrusive controls -NO playtime limiting stamina system (yes, we DO listen to player and media feedback!)
- New playable races and classes exclusive to Torchlight Mobile
- New skill augmentation system
- PVP and multiplayer gameplay
- New collectible pets system
- Timed challenge