DARK SOULS III shows off multiplayer systems
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America recently showed off new assets for their higly anticipated game, DARK SOULS III. This next chapter of the series is set to arrive in North and South America on April 2016.
The new assets, which you can view below, show off some of the multiplayer systems you can find in the game. Check them out:
And here are some of the features of the game, as presented on the official press release:
- Phantoms – Catch glimpses of other online players facing the same challenges and secrets lurking around every corner. Studying them may give you small hints of where to go and what to do next. Players can summon when they use an item called Ember. Using an ember grants players opportunity to temporarily restore the power of the Lord of Cinder to the player character. When the player dies they will lose the power of fire until another ember is consumed.
- Bloodstains – Bloodstains litter the ground and are the sign of another player’s death. Touching them will show you how a player died, providing clues of unseen dangers up ahead.
- Messages – Create messages on the ground to help or hinder player progress, the choice is up to you. Players can read messages left behind throughout the world and rate them “fine” or “foul”. Each time your message is rated your HP is half restored and the message remains in the world for a longer duration of time. Conversely, your message can earn a bad reputation with messages meant to trick other players.
- Co-op Summoning – Players can summon another player into their world for co-op gameplay.
- Dark Spirit Invasions – The Dark Spirit of an online player invades another player’s game and introduces a dangerous enemy into their world.