Today One Upon Light has launched digitally on the PlayStation 4 across both North America and Europe for a price of $11.99.
This title was developed by The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) Game Lab and published by Rising Star Games. It is an award winning top-down puzzler set in a world where darkness is your new best fried as you must obey only one rule: Don’t step into the light.
Check out the brand new trailer below:
Here are the game’s key features and awards, as presented on the official press release:
- Use the unique properties of light and shadow to explore and overcome obstacles.
- Employ the power of the Shadow Echo to ‘record’ shadows as they appear, temporarily locking them in place in order to progress.
- Visually charming and inspired by classic black and white cartoons, One Upon Light is a true test of skill, brains and photophobia
One Upon Light has already garnered critical acclaim having been awarded the following prestigious accolades:
- Digital Life: Editor’s Choice 1st Runner-Up, 2015
- Famitsu: Indie Prize Winner, 2014
- IGF China: Best Game, 2013
Justin Kang, game designer at SUTD, spoke on his inspiration for the title, stating that he got the idea from his regular late night runs when he used the shadows cast by street lights as his goal markers. Said Kang, “I felt that I was always ‘chasing shadows,’ so to speak, and got to thinking about how my environment and my perception of it would change if these shadows could be manipulated.” This idea sparked the birth of One Upon Light.