New Pokémon Trading Card Game expansion arrives on November 4
The Pokémon company was recently thrilled to unveil the newest expansion to their popular Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise, Pokémon TCG: XY—BREAKthrough. This new expansion will feature both booster packs and two theme decks, Burning Spark and Night Striker, and is set to arrive in stores on November 4, 2015.
The new expansion will introduce more than 160 new cards for Pokémon players to collect and utilize in their decks, as well as several new features. The main key features of this expansion can be found below, courtesy of the official press release:
- New BREAK Evolution game mechanic—When a Pokémon evolves into a Pokémon BREAK, it gets an HP boost and a new attack or Ability, but it also gets to keep its existing attacks! Pokémon BREAK cards have a landscape design, unique foil pattern, and uniquely rendered art.
- 6 new Pokémon BREAK including Chesnaught BREAK and Zoroark BREAK
- 8 new Pokémon-EX including 4 new Mega Evolution Pokémon, plus 20 Trainer cards, including 2 full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards
- Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will sell for $3.99.
- Two new theme decks—These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away. Each will include 59 standard cards and 1 special foil card. Theme decks will sell for $12.99 each.
Can you master the new mechanic?