The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth is Coming out in Time for Halloween
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth is an expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and the teaser trailer posted below, announces that it will come out right in time for Halloween, on October 30. About the platforms on which the game will be available, all we know is that it will be coming out on “Steam and other platforms”.
According to the developer Nicalis, the expansion comes with more than 100 hours of content. Below you have a list including some of the new things added.
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play that features new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for high score / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- Ten totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways
- Totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons
- 120 new items, not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525
- Four new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types visual themes and surprises
- New seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game
- Expanded soundtrack
- New room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms and ultra rare closets
- Greatly expanded and updated HUD system
- Tons of new secret transformations
- Eight new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- Updated weapon combo system
- Far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies