2K revealed that the “action-packed entertainment” of WWE SuperCard, their renowned collectible card-battling game, is all set to raise the stakes with Season 2.
WWE SuperCard: Season 2, which is now available as a free update for iOS and Android devices, expands the roster of WWE Superstars, Divas, and Legends. It also features the debut of NXT Superstars and Divas, enhanced King of the Ring tournament play, an updated Exhibition Mode complete with a new Divas card slot, increased customization options, and more.
Since being released back in August 2014, WWE SuperCard has exceeded 7. million downloads globally and boasts an average rating of 4.5/5 stars on the App Store as well as a 4/5 rating on Google Play. It offers more than 700 cards in active play, and only brings more to the table with Season 2.
WWE SuperCard, for those who haven’t been following, challenges you to build teams of WWE Superstars, Divas, and Legends. You will need to train your team in order to unlock their full potential. Afterwards you can battle in various match types and even test your luck in fast-paced tournaments. Players can also purchase individual card packs to enhanced their free-to-play experience.
Harley Howe, Co-Studio Head of Cat Daddy Games, stated, “WWE SuperCard sets the standard for bringing together the right brand and fan base in WWE with the competitive and engaging nature of collectible card games. Season 2 elevates the authentic, hard-hitting WWE action more than 7.5 million fans have grown to love through new content certain to enhance the WWE experience in a mobile format.”
Here are some of the features of WWE SuperCard: Season 2, as presented by the official press release:
- CUSTOMIZABLE CARDS – Customize and train Season 2 cards while earning tokens to permanently increase stats;
- LARGER ROSTER – Access hundreds of cards featuring a variety of WWE and NXT Superstars and Divas, including Season 2 additions Brock Lesnar®, Undertaker®, Stone Cold Steve Austin®, Kevin Owens™, Samoa Joe™, Adrian Neville™, Charlotte™ and many more;
- EXPANDED EXHIBITION DECK – Compete with an additional WWE Diva in solo matches, as well as in new Divas tag matches;
- LOYALTY FUSIONS – Convert Season 1 cards into powerful Season 2 variants via the game’s Fusion Chamber;
- GLOBAL CHAT – Connect with anyone in the world while playing WWE SuperCard;
- WEEKLY EVENTS – Participate in weekly, real-time events with exclusive rewards to increase overall deck strength;
- ENHANCED KING OF THE RING – The 16-man, multi-day tournament is now more strategic than ever with a new enhancement system.