Minox reveals the CASTOR gaming mouse
The optical mouse was crafted especially for right-handed gamers and features dedicated ring and pinkie finger grooves, as well as an enhanced rubber grip. This unique shape was developed to equally support palm, claw, and fingertip-grip. The dedicated support grooves make the mouse comfortable to both hold and lift, and the PMW-2210 gaming grade optical sensor has no positive or negative hardware acceleration, great accuracy, smooth tracking, and a speed of more than 5.45m/second.
In addition to these features, the CASTOR mouse features a new lift-off distance (LOD) Calibration feature that combines the Surface Quality Analyzer Tool (S.Q.A.T) with the adjustment of the lift-off height in order to find the lowest possible LOD with optimized tracking. Add in the 32bit ARM processor, and this mouse is able to have several gaming features without compromising the tracking of the sensor. Perhaps best yet, the downloadable software will provide access so that gamers can fully customize all of the buttons, sensor settings, LED colors, macros, and profiles.
Here are the key features, as presented by the official press release:
Key Features of the CASTOR include:
- Five fingers, one home: Right-hand ergonomics with ring- and pinky-finger groove to comfortably place all five fingers on the mouse.
- Maximum grip: 4 layers of rubber coating and the optimized textured side rubbers ensure maximum grip and soft touch feel.
- Lightning fast processor: The 32bit ARM Processor running at 32Mhz is the powerful engine to power it all and ensure trouble free and quick setting changes in-game.
- 128kb built-in memory: Bring your settings and recorded macros with you stored into up to different 5 profiles.
- Zero- Acceleration Sensor with up to 10000DPI: 1:1 Tracking, no positive or negative hardware acceleration.
- In-game 3 step DPI adjustment: Set 3 DPI values and switch easily between them in-game.
Currently the CASTOR expected to be available worldwide in September for $69.99.