Fenix Fire announces Smash Derby
Fenix Fire announced Smash Derby yesterday, a futuristic vehicular arena-based game show in which you crash into competing hovercars at ridiculous speeds. You can expect plenty of smashing in this insane game show title, expected to launch later this year on PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
You’ll be able to enter Smash Derby’s arena solo against AI controlled hovercars, against other players in fierce competition, or even in a team based battle arena in which you’ll demolish everything in sight.
As hovercars become damaged, they will lose control, drive erratically, and blow up upon impact. You can use this to your advantage as you attempt to charge your booster and build a massive burst attack that will deal out a great deal of damage and sending your competition flying to their demise.
If simply smashing into things isn’t enough for you, you’ll be able to access a variety of tools. These include mines, turrets, and even lasers, all of which can be utilized to blast your competition completely out of the arena. Here’s the official announcement trailer, courtesy of Fenix Fire:
The game’s key features, as presented on the official press release, can be found below:
- Competitive and Co-op local multiplayer, Deathmatch and Team Based modes
- Single player Arcade, Survival, and Strategy modes
- Explosive and diverse Hovercars
- Deploy a complete arsenal of Defense Units
- A wide range of arena hazards and traps
- Old-school arcade action with comically over-the-top game show hosts
- Amazing lighting and particle FX