Europa Universalis IV will get a new update, Common Sense, at the beginning of next month. The content is based on the Thomas Paine’s Revolutionary War pamphlet.
The official release date is June 9, for both Mac and PC. Below is a teaser video announcing the update and one of the most important features: parliamentary rule, and here is a list of the biggest features included in the update:
- Parliaments: The English crown and other constitutional systems of government can now use their flexible system to pass laws through parliaments
- National Churches: Protestant kingdoms can customize their new faith and make it a true partner to the throne.
- New Religious Systems: Buddhism and Protestantism both get fresh coats of faith-based paint
- New Options For Subject States: Once just tiny money faucets, recent expansions have made vassals and colonial nations more useful. Common Sense gives you new tools to exploit them or keep them in line
- Government Ranks: As you invest in the development of your nation, you can climb from a small duchy to a major empire, unlocking new benefits.
- New Government mechanics: Theocracies will have new actions and mechanics to highlight their unique character, and the Holy Roman Empire can create Free Cities