Xbox 360 – 2TB External Hard Drive Support Update
The Xbox 360 has received an important update that will expand the console lifespan. Starting today, the Microsoft’s 2005 console support 2TB external hard drives, as well as the ability to view your purchase history, reset your password, check your network stats and see your Microsoft account balance.
The functionality was already available to Xbox 360 Preview members earlier this month, and now it becomes available to everyone. You can find the full details below:
- Larger external USB hard drives – Plug in any external USB hard drive up to 2 TB to store your Xbox 360 downloads, profile, saved games, and other data.
- Purchase history – To view your recent purchases, go to Settings > Account >Purchase History.
- Password reset – You can now reset your password by selecting Forgot your password? at sign-in.
- Network statistics – View download speed, upload speed, and signal strength, go to Settings> System > Network Settings. Select your network, and then choose Network Statistics.
- See your money – Your Microsoft account balance now appears in the top-right corner of the Xbox Dashboard. To turn it off, go to Settings > Profile > Account Security.
Source: Major Nelson