Phantasmal emerges on Steam Early Access
Today Eyemobi, a development studio with a keen eye for terrifying gaming experiences, announced that their PC title Phantasmal, a first-person survival horror game with procedurally-generated stages, has arrived on Steam Early Access, allowing gamers to be scared as much as they wish.
Phantasmal features an intricate, randomly generated world that guarantees no two experiences will be the same. As it is inspired by old-school survival horror classics, you will be challenged to be stealthy, resourceful, and quick witted, rather than attempt to blast everything away. If you aren’t, then the creatures in the game will eat away at your very sanity. Just check out the official trailer:
Joe Chang, Team Lead at Eyemobi, stated, “A great horror game is one where you never know what’s coming next. By procedurally generating the levels, creatures and pickups and then updating it on the fly to suit players’ differing abilities we’ve created a constant ‘edge of your seat’ experience that is never the same twice.”
Here are the key features of the title, as presented by the official press release:
- Infinite Replayability: Every room and corridor in Phantasmal is uniquely generated with infinite possibilities. No level will EVER be constructed the same!
- Don’t Go Insane: Battling the creatures of Phantasmal will slowly erode the player character’s sanity, diminishing mental and physical states and forcing the player to deal with a fate worse than death.
- Tread Softly: Fighting is meant to be reserved as a last resort in Phantasmal. Sneak past enemies as much as possible, as each action taken will have consequences!
- Carry a Big Stick: When all else fails, players must defend themselves with anything they can find or rip from the walls. There are some firearms to be found, but making too much noise will be a fatal mistake.
- Light, Both an Ally and Enemy: Every asset to survivability has a price. Use light sources wisely, as even a torch can be a liability.