Path of Exile is a title that, since being released in October 2013, has amassed more than 11.2 million players worldwide and “has become a massive RPG phenomenon,” as the official press release puts it. Recently Grinding Gear Games announced that it will soon be getting bigger, as the world of Wraeclast will change forever once Path of Exile: The Awakening releases in June.
Path of Exile: The Awakening will take you on a dark journey as you descend into the depths of nightmares. You will be able to discover great secrets about Wraeclast, but in return you’ll have to take part in even greater battles.
The fourth act of the game has been in parallel development alongside Path of Exile’s previous expansions, and, the developers at Grinding Gear Games declares, “improves and expands upon every aspect of the game. With a crazy new twist on the iconic Passive Skill Tree and numerous systems changes, this expansion has been internally dubbed Path of Exile Version 2.0.0. The Awakening completely changes the Path of Exile experience and includes new items, monsters, maps, skills, and many quality of life improvements suggested by the Path of Exile community.”
Here are the upcoming expansion’s key features, as presented by the official press release:
- The Beast Awakens: Act Four continues Path of Exile’s storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast’s past such as Voll, Daresso, Kaom and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries, and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 70 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment – the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: We’ve made extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
- Complete Rebalance: We’ve reconsidered every core game system and rebalanced Path of Exile from the very first level. With these enhancements, both new and experienced players will enjoy The Awakening
Do you have what it takes to uncover these dark secrets?