EVE Online’s Tiamat release goes live
Today Tiamat has become EVE Online’s second feature bundle of the year, following the Rhea release. Tiamat includes several additions to the EVE universe that focus on the game’s evolving universe storyline, introduces a new tactical destroyer, makes changes to the corporation tools, projectile weapons and more, and improves the game’s new physically based rendering graphic system.
Here are some of the changes introduced in Tiamat, courtesy of the official press release:
- Minmatar Svipul: The second tactical destroyer to leave the shipyards, the Svipul (pronunciation), brings dynamic transformations between defensive, propulsion and sharpshooter modes to match a constantly shifting space battlefield.
- Corporation Tools: Player corporations receive essential management tools to help them better organize and attract new members, and can now decide whether “friendly fire” will be policed by CONCORD authorities.
- Projectile Weapon Rebalancing: The quality and diversity of projectile weapons and ammunition has been improved with adjustments to small artillery and autocannons in particular.
- Audio and Effects: A large audio engine update brings improved performance, atmospheric sounds for pirate factions, and more visceral turret sound-effects.
- Visuals: EVE‘s new physically based rendering system provides enhanced indirect lighting during warp, reflected light from nearby planets, updated structures and more.
In addition to the above, the new update includes mysterious newcomers to New Eden, as well as many other things that you’ll need to be in space in order to discover. Of course, you shouldn’t underestimate these newcomers, as they wield some of the most deadly weapons available that aren’t fitted to a Titan-class ship.
What are your thoughts on all of these new changes and updates?