DEADMAN’S CROSS infects PlayStation Vita
Today Square Enix has revealed that their popular zombie card battle RPG, DEADMAN’S CROSS, is available on the PlayStation Vita system in the Americas. This game, which boasts over 4.7 million downloads worldwide on iOS and Android, will feature enhancements such as trophy support and controls optimized for the PlayStation Vita.
DEADMAN’S CROSS is free-to-play, featuring in-game purchases, and gamers will even be able to transfer saves from the mobile title so that they can continue enjoying the title on the Vita if they wish to move on from the mobile version. It should be noted, however, that the Deadman Coins can only be utilized on the device that they were initially purchased on.
Here are the game’s key features, as presented by the official press release:
- Over 400 kinds of zombies to catch, enhance and battle. New cards will be continuously introduced through updates
- Battle engine designed by Hiroyuki Ito, creator of FINAL FANTASY®’s famed Active Time Battle System
- A First Person Shooter (FPS) element perfectly suited for PlayStation®Vita system controls, giving players an opportunity to defeat deadmen in the field and obtain cards for your arsenal.
- Co-op and PVP play enabled with players across all platforms of the game
- Multi-screen experience that allows players to carry both the story and content between the mobile and PlayStation®Vita system version
In addition to the Vita release, Square Enix has unveiled a special, limited time Welcome Back Campaign. This is for those who have played the title in the past, but have not, for whatever reason, logged back onto the game since January 17, 2015. During this special campaign, these players will be able to obtain special items as they log in starting today and lasting through the end of March.
Finally, they revealed that fans will be able to expect a brand new collaboration event with CAPCOM’s Resident Evil Revelations 2, scheduled on February 25, 2015.