Recently BANDAI NAMCO Games America shared some brand new screenshots for the upcoming DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin. These screens focus on the gameplay improvements and advancement of the DARK SOULS II story, with the patch having the following updated content:
Brand new NPC
- The Scholar of the First Sin character appears throughout the game and will reveal a new path through the DARK SOULS II universe. What will this mysterious new character reveal to players?
Expanded item descriptions
- Many items contain expanded descriptions to help deepen the lore in the DARK SOULS II universe.
- Players will gain access to a new item: the Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.
Online matching improvements
- The bonfire warp selection screen will now highlight the top three areas where players will have the best chance to connect with other players online.
- White phantoms will remain in other players’ worlds for longer periods of time. Also, white phantoms will no longer return to their world if time runs out during a boss battle.
- Other improvements to the matchmaking system will help players connect and enjoy DARK SOULS II online.
New enemy behavior
- The Imitation spell now affects normal enemies.
Covenant of Champions
- Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin will mark the first entry of the series on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The title will be available on April 7, 2015, and will feature updated graphics and performance, new enemy placement, an increase in online players, and additional gameplay enhancements. All three DLC missions will be included.