Players of the Pokémon Trading Card Game will soon have much more to collect as Pokémon TCG: XY: Primal Clash arrives. The latest expansion of the franchise will feature two new theme decks (Earth’s Pulse and Ocean’s Core), as well as new booster packs.
Pokémon TCG: XY: Primal Clash will be available in stores on February 4, 2015. Here are the key features, as presented in the press release:
• Primal Reversion makes its TCG debut—This expansion introduces Primal Reversion to the TCG with Primal Kyogre-EX and Primal Groudon-EX.
• 12 new Pokémon-EX cards, each with a full-art rare Ultra version—New Pokémon-EX cards include Sharpedo-EX, Trevenant-EX, Wailord-EX, and Camerupt-EX, plus two new Mega Evolution Pokémon: Mega Aggron-EX and Mega Gardevoir-EX.
• Ancient Traits appear—Ancient Traits, which give certain advantages in battle, appear on 10% to 20% of Pokémon in XY—Primal Clash. Their function is similar to Abilities.
• 31 Trainer cards—Many brand-new Trainer cards, four full-art rare Ultra cards, four secret rare cards, and two Special Energy cards add new depth and tactics to the Pokémon TCG.
• Booster packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will sell for $3.99.
• Two new theme decks—60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away. Theme decks will sell for $12.99 each.
XY—Primal Clash theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the XY—Primal Clash expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.com/tcgo. The Pokémon TCG Online is also now available for iPad via the Apple App Store.