36 New Cards Revealed From Hearthstone’s Upcoming Goblins vs Gnomes Pack, Upcoming Balance Changes
Blizzard reveals 36 new Hearthstone cards from the upcoming 120 card-pack Goblins vs Gnomes. Along with this, some nerfs have also surfaced.
Out of those 36 cards, only 16 of them are neutral, the rest of them being class-exclusive. As expected, these cards fulfil the GvG’s them of crazy random-generated effects and they will definitely change the current meta of the game.
But Blizzard has also revealed crucial “balance changes” for three of the most played cards in current decks:
- Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
- Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.
- Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
- Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against decks playing Secrets, but will be weaker against other decks.
You can check out all 36 cards on hearthpwn.com.