Double Dragon Trilogy arrives on Android TV
Today, Dotemu, a developer and publisher that specializes in modern releases of beloved retro games, has announced that Double Dragon Trilogy is now available on Android TV. Double Dragon is widely considered to be the godfather of co-op beat ’em ups, breaking new ground upon its arcade debut in 1987.
Double Dragon Trilogy includes all three installments of the beloved arcade series: Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone. For those who are unaware (or simply have forgotten), the first game starts off with Billy and his brother Jimmy, who are both martial arts experts, as they attempt to rescue the former’s girlfriend, Marian. She has been kidnapped by the Black Shadows Gang, and the two must punch, kick, elbow, knee, head-butt, and even utilize some weapons in order to get her back.
• Two game modes: “Arcade” (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and “Story” (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
• Three difficulty levels: “mobile” (specially balanced for Android), “original” (similar to the arcade version) and “expert” (a real challenge!)
• Achievements & leaderboards
• Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
• Play with a gamepad thanks to Android TV and Bluetooth function
If this sounds like the kind of thing you’d love to get into, there is currently a sale occurring. For a limited time, you can pick up the classic on Google Play for a mere $0.99.