Remove the Black Bars in The Evil Within With the Last Update
Many of you may have faced the “black bars” in The Evil Within, and even if you were allowed to switch them off, now with the last update of the game for the PC version, things are much more easier.
The developer team, Tango Gameworks, has added in the menu the option that removes the letterbox “back bars” and some other interesting things, which you can see in the list below.
The game is available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but if you own one of this consoles and you want to play the game, you’ll still have the problem with this black bars, which some suspect to be there for performance reasons.
- Frame lock settings added
- In settings, you can now toggle between a 30 FPS and 60 FPS cap.
- Letterbox setting
- UI toggle to disable the letterbox bars
- Fixes gameplay issues when running at >30 FPS
- Fixes for visual issues associated with removing letterbox framing
- Achievements now work when console is enabled
- Fix for game starting in windowed mode on first run
- Minor localization fixes