PlayStation 4 system software 2.0 releases in Europe and the US tomorrow, Sony has confirmed.
The new update will bring a lot of things regarding new functionality to the console, more options for sharing, customising, listening, watching and playing. You can see the entire list below:
- Share Play: PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game — even when they don’t own a copy of it. PlayStation Plus membership is required for certain Share Play features.
- YouTube: Upload your gameplay highlights directly from PS4 to YouTube by clicking the “SHARE” button on DualShock 4. In addition, a YouTube app for PS4 will be available to download from the PlayStation Store.
- Themes & Colors: Personalize your home screen background with select themes and colors. As a big thank-you to the PlayStation Nation, we want to kick-start your dynamic theme options by giving away a theme for two of the biggest titles gamers will be playing on PlayStation 4 this fall; Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Both themes will be available for download on Tuesday.
- Live Broadcasting Enhancements: Search filters, archived broadcast support and more have been added to Live from PlayStation
- Content Area & Library: Find and access your content quicker with a redesigned Content Area and improved filter and sort functions for the PS4 Library.
- USB Music Player*: Insert USB memory with music in your PS4 and start playing your favorite tunes in the background.
- What’s New: To make the activity feed more relevant and timely for you, What’s New will add Friends of Friends suggestions and Live Broadcasting updates from your friends at the top of your feed.
You can set your PS4 to download system updates automatically so you don’t have to be at home to start the download!
PS Vita and PS TV Update
Also a new system software update (v3.35) for PS Vita and PS TV is available tonight, which includes 4-player Remote Play support for PS TV, as well as the Live from PlayStation app, which allows you watch game streams from PlayStation 4 on both your PS Vita and PS TV devices. A full features list and instructions for updating PS Vita and PS TV can be found here after the update goes live.
PS App Update
And for the last thing, an update is available for PlayStation App on your mobile devices too. The new 2.0 update will include a redesigned home screen, and a new layout for tablets.
“This has been an amazing first year for PS4 so far, with more than 10 million units sold and a robust set of new features already added including SHAREfactory, automatic pre-download, and more. We are pleased to see the great feedback we’ve been getting from fans like you, which helps us to make PS4 the best place to play.
Let us know what you think about these new features and let’s keep the conversation going!”
These are all the latest news regarding Sony‘s updates for their products. For more information you can visit the PlayStation Blog!