Kromaia released on Steam
Rising Star Games and Kraken Empire were thrilled to announce that yesterday Kromaia released on Steam. This highly-stylized shoot-’em-up (shmup) provides gamers with an immersive journey mixing technology and myth.
Kromaia makes gamers feel like no more than a small drop of water in a vast ocean. You will explore new worlds that are protected by giant, god-like guardians and filled with ancient temple ruins. The planets are littered with puzzles to solve and treasures to collect, allowing you to spend quite a bit of time in the planets as well as the space surrounding them.
With Kromaia released on Steam, the developers aim to bring new live to the shmup genre. Granting players the full freedom to fly, spin, and shoot as they see fit changes the style of traditional arcade shmups. When combined with the game’s AI, it features a special kind of emergent gameplay as the enemies will adjust their speed, formations, and even tactics as they attempt to take down the player.
Kromaia’s key features are:
* Experience one of the fastest and most agile shoot ’em ups to-date
* Interact with hundreds of physical objects, like asteroids, ancient temple ruins,
puzzles, treasure, and fight dozens of on-screen enemies at once
* Highly destructible worlds with their own rules and law of physics
* A truly unique graphical style, gameplay and immersive experience
* Adaptive AI – Artificial intelligence based on independent simple brains that
cooperate creating emergent behaviors
* Pilot several different Armors, each with unique weapons, attributes, and
* Multiple gameplay modes including “Story” and “Score Attack” – with more on the
* Four levels of difficulty to test players of all skill levels
* Moddable content using plain text (XML) including levels, objects, weapons, player
and AI units
Kromaia won the title of 3D Wire 2013’s Best Indie, and was a finalist for multiple awards.