GTA V – New details and Trailer for Xbox One and PS4
A source who attended a recent GameStop conference in US, has posted on NeoGAF new details about the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Grand Theft Auto V. The source says that attendees were given a 45 minute presentation of the game, during which 30 minutes of gameplay was shown off.
GTA V will come on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on November 18th with the following visual improvements.
- Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.
- Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.
- Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous
- No release date given. They simply said soon.
- Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.
- Promised “new” content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.
- Street detail is massively improved. Rain water now pools up on the road and honestly reminded me of Infamous Second Sons wet roads.
- Animal and Wildlife count has been upped. They specifically mentioned how much they learned from Red Dead Remption and the original GTA5 and wanted to improve animal interactions even more.
- Animals now sport actual fur. As in strands of hair that stick out from the actual body not just flat textures like in the original release.
- I believe this has been in development since before GTA5s actual release as they said its been heavily worked on for over a year. Believe me you can tell. This is a complete remaster not just an uprezzed port. A huge chunk of staff have to be working on this.
- Cars on the road appeared 2x more or so to me.
- Cant comment on physics and such guys as much of what they showed was environmental without tons of action. They showed a lot of the beautiful vistas from a debug mode where they were free camera.
- Looked 30 to me. But I believe its not locked down the FPS yet. considering the visuals I’ll be shocked if its 60 at launch but Im not confirming anything.
- Considering how much they showed I think a new trailer / release date are coming shortly but haven’t had confirmation of that. It appeared to me though they were gearing up for a big reveal.
Also, Rockstar Games have revealed today a new trailer for GTA V that you can watch below!