Don’t Starve Will be Coming to PlayStation Vita Next Month
Developer Klei Entertainment has announced that its open-world dark themed game, Don’t Starve, will be coming to PlayStation Vita on September 2, 2014. For as low as $15, buyers will receive the Giant Edition which contains expansion Reign of Giants. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to import your save game from PlayStation 4, as the PS Vita edition of the game is slightly changed when it comes to backend code, and it won’t be compatible with it.
But there’s also some great news, if you bought the game on PlayStation 4, you will be receiving it for free on PS Vita. We’re not sure how this will play out, since the game was offered for free to PlayStation Plus subscribers. It’s possible that the game will only be free to those who actually purchased the game on PS4, and not received it as part of the Plus subscription.
Here’s more about the Giant Edition:
- New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
- Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
- A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive — or kill you.
- An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.
- Giants: They’re in the name, for crying out loud!
Source: PlayStation Blog