Just drop your controller on the Modular Docking System mounted on top of the console.
Today Nyko Technologies, a leading gaming accessory manufacturer, announced their Modular Charge Stations for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. These are wireless docks that will be utilized charge controllers, mounting on top of the systems and powered by the console’s USB port.
Chris Arbogast, Nyko’s director of marketing, stated, “The spirit of the Modular line is to customize the consoles for optimal performance in the most cost and space-efficient way possible. The Modular Charge Station accomplishes that by letting players charge controllers directly atop their consoles — no wires or extra storage space is needed.”
The Nyko Modular Charge Station for Xbox One and PS4 features:
- Charges two Xbox One Wireless Controllers or two DualShock® 4 controllers simultaneously
- Clean, wireless design plugs directly into console USB ports — no wall outlet required
- No additional software, dongles, or extensions needed
- Can be used with other Nyko Modular line accessories including the Intercooler for Xbox One and PS4 and the Modular Power Station for Xbox One
- LED lights at the front clearly indicate charging status
- Xbox One version includes two custom NiMH rechargeable batteries for easy drop-and-charge functionality, providing up to 25 hours of playtime
The PlayStation 4 version of the accessory will retail for $19.99, with the Xbox One version being priced at $29.99, and will be available starting in Fall 2014. Patent Pending.